Swag Bucks

Search & Win

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Dead Girls Are Easy (Nicki Styx, #1)Dead Girls Are Easy by Terri Garey
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is a great series that I stumbled across by accident, it reminded me of the Stephanie Plum series but with Ghosts and this made me laugh more and kept my interest longer. I love that the author seems to have named her characters in a method to relate them to some of Greek mythology like the reference to the Styx river that happens in this book, when all I could think about was Motley crue which actually isn't that far off either with Nicki's personality the rocker reference actually fits too. The main character is a riot, a kick in the pants, and someone who I wouldn't mind hanging out with and having a drink or two. The author did a great job of making her outrageous and giving her some shock value, but also didn't take it so far that it got on my nerves. I'm pretty sure I accidently read the last book first awhile ago not knowing it was part of a series, I also remember being utterly confused by the book because it talks about things I had no clue about. So def read these in order cause now that I've read the first one I have already started the second and I plan to reread the third just to see if having some knowledge will improve the book for me, I'm sure it will make all the difference.
So if you want a good easy book that will make you chuckle, and has a pretty steamy love story going on this is the book for you she's a fun character just trying to work out why she's seeing ghosts all the sudden.

View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the fun review Nawnee. I'll check it out:)

    ReplyDelete