Swag Bucks

Search & Win

Friday, April 6, 2012

Shades of Gray (Jude Magdalyn, #1)Shades of Gray by L.M. Pruitt
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I found the prequel to this book for free on amazon and couldn't pass up the opportunity to get a taste of the series, and the authors writing style for free before investing my time and money into a new author and series. Now the free book L.M. Pruitt offers as a look into Jude's life before basically all hell breaks loose is definitely more than I bargained for, not only does it have a sassy kick ass leading lady, and interesting plot and story line, but I also liked the authors writing style. When I finished this book I went looking for more and found she has a second book out in this series all ready. :) This book has a great rhythm and the author doesn't drag out the unraveling of "mysterious" situations forever, this was refreshing it doesn't take long before your caught up and know the answers that certain situations have caused. It was nice to have things wrapped up instead of dragged on through book after book, it also helped me understand this world better that the author has created. One of the things I found to be so refreshing is the author doesn't pull any emotional or situation punches if the character had to live on the street and had no one to rely on but herself she didn't sugar coat the events or wax over the topic she gave us the gritty details and all the emotional turmoil we could handle. This helped make the main character be so much more believable, how she responds to people and situations was very much on par with her upbringing. This also showed me she was strong willed and stubborn instead of the author just telling me. Having to rely on only yourself makes it hard to trust others. If you haven't read this series I would recommend you at least grab the free prequel it takes you almost halfway through the first book so you get a lot of story for free it's worth a shot if you ask me.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment