Swag Bucks

Search & Win

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1)Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book took my breath away, the emotion that was breathed into these pages was overwhelming. I found my heart racing and hurting for Juliette. I wanted to badly to reach into the pages and just grab her hand. The writing style is def unique but for me this book turned out more like Juliette wrote it so the way it was written and the slashes made so much sense. I've noticed that this has bothered some readers and I have to say how did you notice it became nonexistent to me when I got so utterly sucked into this horrifying world where everything is falling apart. The way this author wrote about Juliette and put a time frame on things like how long since she had spoke to someone or been outside it just made her more real to me to be able to put it into a context of years with no contact and more than years without human touch it broke my heart. How determined and strong she turns out to be was so realistic she was mortified inside but was still just trying to do the right thing no matter the consequences to herself. This is probably the best book I've read in a long time, I can only think of one other book that got this kind of emotional response out of me and that was the Host so it's been awhile. This was a fantastic first book, I can't wait to see what else this author has to offer.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment