Swag Bucks

Search & Win

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Between The Land And The SeaBetween The Land And The Sea by Derrolyn Anderson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I really enjoyed this book, even though it's a YA book I really got sucked into the story and the characters. The author paints an enchanting picture of Marina, who has a total life change when she has to stay for a year with her aunt and cousin. First she's never been to a real school before since her dad is always traveling and she usually goes with him. This causes her to go through the normal ups and downs of teenage angst. Emotionally she is just confused and a little scared. Being so close to the ocean makes some huge changes happen with her and she doesn't have a clue about why she's different.
I don't want to give to much away so I'm going to gloss over some info and hope you still get how wonderful the over all feel of this book was. Strange things start to happen to and around Marina almost right away leading her into a mystery that includes having to find out more about herself and her mother who died while delivering Marina. Her father is to devastated over the loss of his wife to talk about her even after 16 years he still avoids the topic. This makes it hard for Marina to find out anything about her. Soon she's totally wrapped up in finding out who or what her mother is. The romance that starts between Marina and Ethan is so pure and sweet that it successfully reminded me what first love feels like, and a teenagers ability to feel so wholey without hesitation. I thoroughly enjoyed watching the romance between Marina and Ethan bloom into something more than either of them counted on. This is a beautifully written love story with a unique supernatural spin. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
(This was given to me for free directly from the author. Thanks for letting me visit your world I had alot of fun while I was there :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment