Swag Bucks

Search & Win

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Rainshadow Road (Friday Harbor, #2)Rainshadow Road by Lisa Kleypas
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I haven't read any books by this author before, I was lucky enough to win this book from Goodreads. I'm glad I got a chance to read this wonderful book which is the first in its series. I would whole heartily recommend this author to anyone that loves a good romance with a HEA ending. I enjoyed the way Lisa Kleypas created real and relatable characters, with a compelling back-story that makes them shine. Her characters are shaped by their experiences, and as a result we get multidimensional characters that inevitably captivate you with their story and drama.
I was surprised to find a magical element thrown in and was pleased that the author would use something so unexpected. I enjoyed the elements of magic she flawlessly added to the story. This lent a touch of whimsy to this otherwise normal drama. The combination of very real human emotions, and family betrayals, made this an engrossing and compelling story. This is a fabulous read, I would highly recommend it to romance readers or even paranormal romance readers.

View all my reviews Perfect on PaperPerfect on Paper by Janet Goss
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book tells the story of Dana Mayo, an artist with a love for crossword puzzles. Dana has never been able to let go of her first love, Ray, a married man she was dating after she graduated from college. Now, 20 years later, Dana has begun dating Hank. To complicate matters, Dana has begun a flirtation with a 25 year old crossword puzzle writer named Billy, who she has an instant connection to. Through out the book Dana is trying to decide what to do with her messy love life. She gets into some comical situations, backed by a charming supporting cast of characters. Its fun to follow Dana while she puzzles her way through her romances and eccentric job. I would recommend this book to readers who like their romance novels with a side of comedy.

I won this book in a Goodreads First Reads giveaway

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment