Swag Bucks

Search & Win

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Blood Warrior (The Alexa Montgomery Saga #1)Blood Warrior by H.D. Gordon
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is the first book in a new series about the paranormal. While reading the first part of this book I almost put it down not being in the mood to read about what seemed to be a child abuse tale. I'm glad the main character really grabbed me and made me want to finish the book or I would have missed out on this highly original take on the supernatural. It does have some of the familiar elements that we've come to expect in a YA book filled with powerful beings, but they were presented in a unique fashion. The main character in this book is a strong, determined and all around refreshing voice. There was no whining going on she knew what needed to be done and did it. This is not to say that she doesn't have turmoil over how her life suddenly changes in the blink of an eye, she just took those changes like an adult and moved withe the punches almost literally. This made the book less of a YA book and more one where I felt like I could relate to this character. There is romance in the book but it was still at the innocent stages which kept more with the YA genre but it didn't need to have more to make this a good read. I thoroughly enjoyed this book and bought the second and finished that already too. :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment