Swag Bucks

Search & Win

Friday, February 10, 2012

Point, Click, LovePoint, Click, Love by Molly Shapiro
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I won this book off of Goodreads. I was actually looking forward to this some what new age romance where it describes people using the internet to connect and find love. I wasn't totally disappointed, not being a fan of sex and the city I just didn't really connect to the characters in this book. I think this story might have been better if she hadn't tried to connect the women as friends at all, if I hadn't read the back of the book I wouldn't have known until halfway through that they were suppose to be friends.
Alot of the story just left me feeling depressed for no real reason. I Didn't care about characters & their self-inflicted problems. It wasn't very original and it was full of man-bashing.

The dialogue was choppy in some parts, and rushed in others, it felt like it was dragging the plot forward too quickly for Claudia's story. And Annie's story, one of the most interesting, gallops to a finish. Ultimately, each of these stories end quickly, I would have liked to have them fleshed out more, This might have actually fixed the story for me if her characters just felt a little more alive.

View all my reviews The Man Who Planted Trees: Lost Groves, Champion Trees, and an Urgent Plan to Save the PlanetThe Man Who Planted Trees: Lost Groves, Champion Trees, and an Urgent Plan to Save the Planet by Jim Robbins
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This book has a really important message, I for one would have gotten in less pages than they did in this book. The first part of the book is a little dry as we read about the trees and how Mr. Milarch finds them and some of the people he meets on the way. Environmentalists and arborists would really enjoy this section.

The middle part seems to me to be more about the spirituality of trees. It talks about how different cultures have different views about the spirits of trees and their cosmic purpose. For those who believe in spirituality and the lifeforce of nature, this would be the section of the book they would enjoy.

The last part tries to pull the whole book together and really push home why trees need saving and what we can do to help in the process.

This book definitely has a specific audience that it is targeting, and all I could think was is this printed on recycled paper??

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment