Swag Bucks

Search & Win

Friday, February 10, 2012

The Vanishers: A  NovelThe Vanishers: A Novel by Heidi Julavits
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This book was given to me by Goodreads for an honest review.
I found this book and it's main character to be odd, antagonistic, and whiny. Some of this book seemed like unfinished thoughts and I had a hard time following these fragmented situations and plot lines.
The books main character Julia Severn starts out attending a college or workshops that promote psychic learning. She gets ill not long after accepting a job with her mentor and idol Madame Ackermann. Julia comes to the conclusion that she is being psychically attacked by Madame Ackermann, she takes measures to protect herself from this. I found this character to be gullible, and almost child like in her interactions with other people. Willingly taking what people tell her at face value and not checking it out herself.
Julia isn't a very likable character by the time I got halfway through the book I despised her, she is petty and weak. With a tendency to blame her own inadequacies on other people.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment