Swag Bucks

Search & Win

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Far From HereFar From Here by Nicole Baart
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I won this book from Goodreads.

I started this book and was a little confused by the husband's name, it actually kept drawing me out of the book in confusion going husband?? But I'm glad I pushed past the strange name choice and finished this book. The authors writing style is exquisite the use of beautiful prose, really added to my enjoyment of this book I love when an author can describe something in a way that I can either feel it or see it in my mind it gets me more involved in the story and more lost in the world they have opened up for me.
Over all this book was filled with overwhelming emotional turmoil and really hard decisions and life choices. It made me ask myself what would I do if my husband just suddenly vanished, and couldn't be found. This is precisely the horrible situation that Danica Greene finds herself in when her husband Etsell leaves their home to help a friend in Alaska. It is on his last trip that Etsell and his plane vanish into thin air. Dani's life is thrown into chaos. Along with the women who are closest in Dani's life. Dani travels to Alaska to search for her husband, and finds out more than she bargained for.

This story opens the doorway to loss from many different points of view. What happens to the people left behind? Dani finds herself caught in this strange in between state, with no real answer for what she is suppose to do, or how to move on from here. Through out the book she is forced to deal with all of these possibilities and questions that have come up about her marriage, and her life. Is she a widow? Did her husband simply vanish to be with another woman? What happened to the man she spent the better part of her life with? Did she ever really know him? She does eventually answer these questions and more. The author often switches from a first person perspective to third person, which I actually enjoyed cause it gives you more insight into the story and surrounding situation. I'm ending this review with a quote that was just beautiful and moving at the same time. I hope you pick up this book and read it. I don't want to spoil it for anyone but I found this story rather touching, and the ending wasn't disappointing for me either.

Dani "I don't want to live like nothing ever happened. I want to live because everything has."


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment